Summit: Bike skills workshop
Learn to ride with traffic, on trails and in groups
Lauren Wagner and Tom Peryam will be leading this session. They both are graduates of the "League Cycling Instructor" workshop.
Persons attending this session will be introduced to the following bike skills:
• ABC Quick Check - Make sure your bike is safe to ride before starting
• Helmet Check - Does your helmet fit correctly - how to adjust it
• Tube and tire repair - How to remove and replace your inner tube. A list of the items that cyclists need to have with them.
• Traffic Law - What are the rules of the road. Are they any different from the rules of a car driver?
• Lane changing - learn where you and your bike should be when coming up to an intersection.
• Avoiding crashes- learn what you can do to minimize your risk of an accident.
• Sharing the trail - etiquette 101 for riding on a trail
• Group Riding - special techniques you should follow when group riding.
There will also be discussions on ways to build your on-road/trail cycling skills.
|| Manager of the TU Rider Network (TURN)
Lauren is a recreational cyclist and bike commuter.
She serves on the Board of Directors of Bike Oklahoma and is the University
Representative on the Tulsa area Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
She is a certified instructor with the League of American Bicyclists.
||Local cycling advocate and certified instructor with the
League of American Bicyclists.