What BikeOklahoma has accomplished in 2019
- Added bicycle lawyer Jason Waddell to our board of directors.
- Negotiated the formal agreement w/ OKBike Summit to bring this non-profit .org back to OBC dba BikeOK
- Began plans for Ok Bike Summit in OKC October 25.
- Added former OEF President and grant writer Tegan Malone to the board.
- Added Tony and Bill to Summit board.
- Met w/ Payne Co. Comm Cavett and persuaded him to make Fairgrounds Rd improvements safer
- Added TSET coordinator Holly Gordon to the Board.
- Strengthened relationship with Stillwater BPAC by participating in numerous meetings and correspondence regarding 6th Avenue rehab project. Led by Kevin Mussett, Sharon Bennett, Trevor Steward and KG
- Had one-on-one meeting with ODOT AT coordinator Shelby Templin and her direct report Laura Chaney.
- Meet twice as Bike Summit board
- Attended BPAC meetings at ACOG, Tulsa INCOG, Et al
- Bike Club progress in OKC / Del City and Tulsa.
- Bike Friendly Business meetings in Stillwater.
- Facilitated relationship between Stillwater and Tulsa BPAC’s re: crash data.
- Supported bicycle legislation five ? bills with phone calls and emails.
- Continued supporting legislation as it passed House and was heard in Senate committee
- Met with incoming ODOT Director and Transportation Secretary Tim Gatz et al one on one with Kevin m. Rumble, design oversight, Bike Summit
- Met with local advocates in Shawnee
- Held board meeting in Stillwater
- Had booth at land run 100
- Approved revisions to bylaws
- Supported ODOT ATC meeting with 3 board members and one member at large attending.
- Met regularly with Bike Summit board to advance plans for Summit 2019.
- Grew membership to 237 EOM
- Attended PBIC webinar on BIKEWAYS GUIDANCE and began encouragement for same workshop with ACOG and INCOG.
- Celebrated announcement of odot making S Templin full time ATC.
- Made suggestions to odot for goals of ATC?
- Legislative accomplishments
- Attended Placemaking conference at OU: Kg, holly and Larry Mitchell
- Held board meeting in Shawnee, heard from Shawnee City Planner townie ride plus added one new member.
- Made Chris Peters member of marketing committee
- Revamped logo
- Bylaws amendments approved by general membership.
- Attended Ride of Silence in okc Shawnee Edmond and Stillwater all 4 of the ones in Oklahoma
- Organized legislative ride with Spokies at state Capitol with x riders plus x BikeOK.
- Held first ever legislative ride in okc
- 8.Held RofS in OKC and Shawnee with total of about 75 participants. Plus Edmond.
- 9.Continued to work on 2019 Bike Summit.
- Summit logo design from Hester approved
- Summit TSET grant submitted and approved
- Board mtg in Norman. Shelby Templin odot guest speaker
- Summit speakers confirmed
- Arranged LAB mtg with Odot
- Attended first new formatted odot ATC mtg with about 20 others. Goal ideas submitted.
- Summit registration opens
- Attended P4B workshop in Bentonville
- 3-4 more Summit grant requests made.
- Met as board in OKC
- Board members doing 90% of Summit 2019 work.
- Supported OKC Maps4 kickoff campaign
- Held movie showing in OKC of The Bicycle Revolution : over 20 in attendance.
- Purchased table skirt w/ logo.
- Had presence at Tulsa PARK(ing) Day with imprinted canopy in conjunction with Tulsa BPAC.
- Hosted two day OK Bike Summit VI at ODOT and Devon Boathouse with total of 150 attendees
- Arranged and attended private mtg with ODOT chief engineer Brian Taylor and ATC Shelby Templin with LAB BT to review BF report card.
- Purchased first vertical BOK banner
- Attend 3 day SOS in okc as vendor / workshop attendee
- Participated in odot ATC mtg
- Presence at OK Freewheel Fandango at Roman Nose SP
- Held board mtg in Edmond
- Participant in Office mobility / ODOT stakeholders mtg in OKC by invitation of Rep Carol Bush